That's right, it's Update Batch #28
! We are very proud to announce a full Treasure Trails overhaul, as well as two new Quests and much more!
Treasure Trail Expansion
When certain creatures die, there is a chance that they will drop a clue. This clue could lead you to someone in ScapeRune, a spot where you need to dig using a spade or something you need to search, such as a crate or chest.
There are different types of clue scrolls that you may find on your treasure trail:
Speak to an NPC
If you happen to receive a coordinate clue, navigating to the spot isn't difficult - just visit the Observatory (some distance south-west of Ardougne) and ask the professor to teach you how to navigate.
Coordinate clues need sextants to tell them the coordinates of the place where they're standing. The Observatory professor will help you get one of these. To use the sextant left-click or right-click and select 'Look through Sextant'. When you use it, you'll have to use the little arrow buttons on its interface to get the horizon and sun correctly centered in the sextant's viewer. When they're correctly positioned the sextant will tell you your coordinates.
Compare these to the coordinates on your clue, and you'll see whether you need to go north, south, east or west to find your treasure.
The Observatory near Ardougne has been ransacked by a family of nearby goblins. Can you help the professor to rebuild it?
Zogre Flesh Eaters
Run for your lives...the zombie ogres are here for your flesh! An ogre ceremonial dance area, used to communicate with ancient ogrish ancestors, has been overrun with diseased undead ogres. How could something like this have happened? And what sort of rewards could an enterprising adventurer gain from exploring the tombs of such a place?
In Other News:
- Fixed the range in the south western corner of Ardougne square
- You can now use the narrow crevice shortcut within Fremennik dungeon
- Chompy birds are no longer aggressive
- Fixed a dialogue not ending during Big Chompy Bird Hunting
- Fixed a dialogue on a stage of Big Chompy Bird Hunting
- Wall beasts now respawn correctly
- Added Killerwatts
- All Wilderness NPC spawns have been redone
- You can no longer open the gate above Seer's Village bank
- Slightly increased the chance of mining Limestone
- God Rune armor no longer gives a +1 prayer bonus per piece
- Metal dragons can now attack with melee within melee range
- Balloon animals in the Prison Pete random event no longer drop items besides the key
- When creating the Shield of Arrav certificate, you will now only use one of each half instead of two
- Nearly 1000 items now have their correct attack and hit sounds
- The maze will no longer drain run energy
- The bones from the Graveyard zone of the Mage Training Arena will now be deleted from your inventory when you leave
- Fixed being able to click away before you fully cook a Chompy bird
- The burn level decrease applied by Cooking Gauntlets now only affects Lobsters, Swordfish, Monkfish and Shark
- You can now fire the correct bolt types using the Blurite crossbow
- You can no longer damage Kursaks or Turoths with spells other than the Magic Dart spell
- Baby blue dragons no longer drop Blue dragon items
- Removed the message during Fight caves when attempting to log out
- Zombies no longer drop 5 bones and now have the correct drops
- Fixed an issue with not being able to teleport using the Spirit tree system directly after completing
the Tree Gnome Village quest
- Highwaymen no longer have double drops
- Added belladonna patch farming
- Added cave nightshade eating
- Fixed bobs island random event
- Slightly decreased the accuracy calculation for monsters who attack using Magical Melee
- Romeo will no longer be as aggressive with trying to give you the Romeo and Juliet quest
- Fixed jewerelly teleporting past level 20 wilderness
Mods Ryan, Michael, Hektic, Calvin, David
The ScapeRune Development Team